Sunday, September 8, 2013

We got the first letter from Elder Steven Jensen!

Here it is:

Meu Familia!

Well I guess you didn't get my letter that I sent last Friday. We got to hand write a letter saying that we're okay to our families when we got here, so I don't know what happened. Our P-Day is on Friday, but for some reason we had to skip it last week, so thats why I didn't write sooner. Anyway I loved to hear how everyone was doing. School sounded like it went great. Hannah don't worry, just push through it, you'll fit in perfectly. Good luck at Finch Arburedum Spenc! Megan that's awesome that you're doing Cross Country; you'll do great! I got a letter from dad a few days ago, and it sounded like he was doing great. Speaking of letters, tell everyone to do Dear Elder! it's free while I'm at the MTC and it delivers the same day as they get it, so take advantage of that and tell EVERYONE to do it if they so choose. 

This week and a half has been a crazy one. From the moment that I was here, it was non-stop go go go. And to be honest it was really really hard for the first 4 days. We taught our first lesson in Portuguese last Friday, and we have had 3 others since then! The first 4 days we were constantly going to meetings and lessons, and we didn't know where anything was, and were just plain confused. There were times that I was tempted to quit; it was really hard. Learning Portuguese that first couple of day was extremely hard; we were just thrown in and we had no choice but to start swimming. But what kept me going was all of the people here, especially my district. i think that I have the best district/companion in the MTC. My companion's name is Elder Junge and he is awesome. He's from Wisconsin and he loves life and the gospel, I'm really glad that we're companions. The other elders and sisters in my district are soo great. everyone gets along so well that sometimes it's hard to focus on what we're supposed to. :) There's Elders Richards and Fernandez ( both coming to Belo with me and Elder Junge) Carmon and Ditlevson, and Kraudy, Foelle, and Derby (all going to Sao Paulo interlagos, Elder Kraudy already got his visa! Crazy!) and then there are the sisters. Sisters Jones and Hansen are going to Belo, and Sister's Phillips and Bledsoe are going to Sao Paulo. Anyway they are so awesome. Even though the first few days were extremely difficult, it was all worth it on Monday. It was such a good day. The food was good, our Portuguese was progressing really well, and I just felt confident for the first time since being here.  but the best part was that night, our district was done with all of our lessons and we decided to have a testimony meeting with our extra time. I have never felt the spirit so string in a testimony meeting before. Everyone told a story of when they were going through difficult trials, but they overcame them because of their faith in Christ. Needless to say it was amazing. 

Well i think I'm running out of time. I wish I could say more, but i just can't. Go to Dear Elder (dearelder.com) and send me some letters individually so I know specifically who everyone is doing. and if you could do one favor for me and find as many of my missionary friends addresses as you can. There are some in my green BYU-Idaho notebook under Spencer's bed, but also find out as my of my friend's addresses like McKay's and Brenden Bivens. If you could that would be great. and I'll send pictures later today. I love you all, talk with you next week! 

Fica chique! 

Elder Jensen

P.S. that means stay classy. :)


It's good to hear from our missionary!

Here is some pictures from Elder Jensen at the MTC!

FYI: Steven did not have time to tell us about the pictures so we are not sure who everyone is!



Elder Jensen at the MTC!






Elder Jensen on P-Day! Which are Fridays by the way... We are not sure what they were about to do! 












 We are guessing that's his First companion, Elder Junge!


Here is everyone in the mission! I'm guessing... 

We will keep you posted! 

No comments:

Post a Comment